In response to growing concerns about the coronavirus and its public health implications, the Institute for Natural Medicine announced that it will host a two-part online educational series for the public, Building Resilience Naturally: COVID-19 and Beyond. Please share this link with your patients, www.NaturalMedicineHousecall.org on your social media and newsletters.
The webinar series features leading licensed naturopathic physicians and researchers, that focuses on strategies for maximizing immune system health.
- Part one of “Building Resilience Naturally: COVID-19 and Beyond” will go live on Tuesday, March 31, from 11:00 am – 12:15 pm PST.
- Part two scheduled for Tuesday, April 7, from 11:00 am – 12:15 pm PST.
- Both programs in the free series will be broadcast digitally, with opportunities for individuals to ask questions of the panelists, at www.NaturalMedicineHousecall.org.
The programs will each distinctly address what individuals need to know about COVID-19 and how and why it is different. The speakers will discuss strategies including botanicals and nutritional medicine to foster general immune health, natural strategies for stress management and sleep, and tips to manage anxiety during these challenging times.
Panelists for the March 31 program will include:
- Moderator Holly Lucille, ND, RN, chair of the Institute for Natural Medicine board;
- Heather Zwickey, PhD, professor of immunology at the National University of Natural Medicine;
- Paul Anderson, ND, professor at Bastyr University;
- Peter Bongiorno, ND, LAc, co-medical director of InnerSource Natural Health and Acupuncture, and
- Paul Herscu, ND, MPH, founder of the New England School of Homeopathy.
Panelists for the April 7 program will include:
- Moderator Michelle Simon, PhD, ND, president and CEO of the Institute for Natural Medicine;
- Peter D’Adamo, ND, naturopathic physician, author, and researcher-educator;
- Lise Alschuler, ND, FABNO, assistant director of the Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona’s Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine;
- Catherine Darley, ND, director of the Naturopathic Sleep Institute;
- Kurt Beil, ND, LAc, MPH, a naturopathic physician and acupuncturist who treats a range of health conditions including environmental toxicities.
“In this uncertain time of chaos and confusion, the good news is that there are several time-honored and evidence-based steps that people can take today to naturally support their immune systems,” said Michelle Simon, PhD, ND, president and CEO of the Institute for Natural Medicine. “We’ve convened some of the nation’s leading experts in natural medicine and immunology to share their insights with the public during these online housecalls,” she continued, “and it will be a privilege to reveal the potential and promise of specific therapies that we in the naturopathic profession have been employing with our patients for more than a century.”