Top Navigation

Biotics Research Corporation


High Fat Diet and Prostate Cancer

Is There a Connection to a High Fat Diet and Prostate Cancer? Not Likely, says NYU Naturopathic Urologist

By Dr. Geo Espinosa, ND / In January 2018, the New York Times published an article titled: High-fat Diet May Fuel Spread of Prostate Cancer, citing an animal study that looked at the relationship of fats with this male disease. Is there an association between a high fat diet and prostate cancer?  The question is […]

Continue Reading

Diabetes is Five Different Diseases, Concludes a Lancet Study

Diabetes is five diseases, concludes a new study. By separating adult-onset diabetes cases into five different types, rather than just type 1 or type 2, physicians can better tailor early treatment for patients, and could represent a first step towards precision medicine in the disease, according to an analysis of patients with adult-onset diabetes in […]

Continue Reading
Brain Health

A Study Review: What Every Clinician Needs to Know About Brain Health and Omega-3s

By Sally Lynch, from Biotics Research / Not long ago, we seemed to accept the notion that humans only use 10% of their brains, as if the other 90% would remain a mystery forever. Today, not only has that myth been debunked, research on the brain is exploding and giving clarity to our misunderstanding of […]

Continue Reading
Whole Person Integrative Healthcare

Call Now to Urge Congress to Advance Whole-Person Integrative Healthcare

Today’s Practitioner is calling on our readers to support the Integrative Health Policy Consortium’s (IHPC) upcoming caucus in Washington DC. A few months ago, we asked for your letters to support Whole Person Integrative Healthcare Caucus. “We are so grateful for the thousands who wrote to your elected leaders,” said Kimberly Stewart, Today’s Practitioner editor. Today, […]

Continue Reading
fish oil

More Controversy and Challenges to 2018 JAMA Fish Oil Study

Negative opinions on the conclusions continue in response to a recent Journal of the American Heart Association study, Associations of Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplement Use with Cardiovascular Disease Risks. Jeff Bland, Ph.D. calls the JAMA fish oil study one of the most controversial in recent history. The meta-analysis reviewed 10 large trials totaling 77,917 subjects […]

Continue Reading
cupping for athletes

Is Cupping Therapy Effective Among Athletes?

Swimmer Michael Phelps’s continued dominance at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics was accompanied by worldwide awareness of cupping. Cupping therapy has re-emerged as a potential approach to boost post-exercise metabolic recovery, reduce pain, and improve range of motion by increasing local microcirculation. But what does science tell us about the effectiveness or safety of […]

Continue Reading
rheumatoid arthritis

Clinical Combo Powerhouse: n-3 PUFA & ɤ-Linolenic Acid in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis

This study explores the combined effects of marine n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and ɤ-linolenic acid (GLA) as anti-inflammatory agents to help in the treatment of inflammatory disorder of rheumatoid arthritis. Shifting the Pathological Changes of Rheumatoid Arthritis Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is one of the most common autoimmune disorders. The main characteristic of RA is […]

Continue Reading
Omega-2 fatty acid supplements

Statement from CRN’s Duffy MacKay, N.D. in the Value of Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Heart Health

In Jan. 2018, the Journal of the American Medical Association published a study, “Associations of Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplement Use With Cardiovascular Disease Risks.” The study received a number of negative media reports citing that Omega-3 fatty acids do little to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. In response to the meta-analysis, Duffy MacKay, N.D., […]

Continue Reading
Omegas and autism

Omegas and Autism: 3 Studies Show Promise for Some Spectrum Disorder Symptoms

As parents and pediatricians struggle to find effective therapies for children with autistic spectrum disorders, researchers are honing in on the mechanisms of Omega fatty acids in brain development for this complex systemic condition. We’ve collected some recent studies on Omegas and autism that show promise. Recent Study Abstracts on Omegas and Autism 1. Effect […]

Continue Reading
Pharmacists and patients

Partnering with Pharmacists Reduces Readmission Rates for Patients on High-Risk Meds

This retrospective study from Mayo Clinic shows that enhancing the relationship between patients and pharmacists could significantly lower readmission rates by up to 50% for patients taking at least one high-risk medication. The three-year study at tertiary care center reviewed outcomes among patients who did or did not have a post-hospital dismissal pharmacist visit immediately […]

Continue Reading

Powered by Quadshot