The following video is a primer on the basics of the microbiome, how to select the right probiotic strains and why your decision makes a significant difference in patient outcomes. For the most comprehensive information, it is often important to go right to the source, which is why we chose this video from Winclove, a leading probiotic formulation and research and development company. This video is ideal for helping you better understand why and how specific strains are developed for specific patient outcomes.
This video is an excellent introduction to the topic of the ecologic-barrier, microbe-to-microbe interactions and systemic internal affects of respective probiotic strains. In this video you will learn the following:
- How does our gut communicate with our brain?
- The mechanisms of the bidirectional communication pathway of the gut-brain axis.
- The associations between disturbed gut bacterial populations and brain related disorders.
- Why some probiotic strains have similar names but different functionalities.
- What is the significance of the ecological barrier to a probiotic form and function.
- How formulations are derived to protect against stomach acid and digestive enzymes.
- Why specifically selected bacteria are essential to reduce inflammation and stimulate a regulatory immune response.
Video on the Microbiome, Gut-Brain Axis and Ecologic Barrier by Winclove