Today’s Practitioner congratulates Joe Pizzorno ND and Deepak Chopra MD, who will be recognized at the Integrative Healthcare Symposium (Feb. 22-24) for the 2018 Leadership and Visionary awards.
Pizzorno will be given the Leadership Award, which recognizes a pioneer whose contributions have shaped integrative healthcare and paved the way for other practitioners. Notable past recipients included Mark Hyman, MD; Mehmet Oz, MD; and Tieraona Low Dog, MD.
This year’s Visionary Award recipient, Deepak Chopra MD, is being recognized as a thought leader who has moved the integrative healthcare community forward through their leadership and vision. Notable past recipients included Daniel G. Amen, MD; Daniel Kraft, MD; Wayne Jonas, MD; and James Gordon, MD.
If you are attending the IHS conference, there are multiple opportunities to hear Pizzorno and Chopra speak in their respective fields.
February 22, 2018 at IHS / Sutton Complex
Leadership Award Presentation for Joe Pizzorno ND / 8:30 – 8:45 am
Environmental Toxins and Neurodegeneration with Joe Pizzorno ND / 8:45 – 10:00 am
Topic Summary: The incidence of virtually all neurodegenerative diseases has been increasing relentlessly the past half century. While numerous causes, such as obesity and diabetes, have been proposed as the causes, the substantial role of environmental toxicants has been seriously under recognized. ADHD, Alzheimer’s disease, autism spectrum disorders headache, cognitive decline, dementia, mood disorders, Motor neuron disorders and Parkinsonism have all been shown to increase in proportion to body load of neurotoxins. For more on Pizzorno’s latest work on environmental toxins, please see his new book, The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health–AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT (Harper Collins).
This presentation reviews the research on neurotoxins, covers key diagnostic methodologies and provides clinical guidance on ways to decrease body load.
- Participants will be able to explain how environmental neurotoxins have become a primary cause of neurodegeneration.
- Participants will be able to determine the most appropriate laboratory tests for assessing body load of key neurotoxins.
- At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to explain the sources of neurotoxins.
- Participants will develop skills for facilitating detoxification and excretion of neurotoxins.
February 23, 2018 at IHS / Sutton Complex
Visionary Award Presentation for Deepak Chopra MD /10:30 -10:45 am
The Future of Wellbeing with Deepak Chopra MD / 10:45 – 12:00 pm
Topic Summary: There is a new revolution occurring in health today. That revolution is you.
In the face of environmental toxins, potential epidemics, superbugs, and the accelerated aging process, the significance of achieving optimum health has never been more crucial—and the burden to achieve it now rests on individuals making the right lifestyle choices every day. That means you. You—not doctors, not pharmaceutical companies—are ultimately responsible for your own health.
Join New York Times bestselling author Deepak Chopra as he shares new insights from his latest work The Healing Self (Harmony Books) and explores some of the most important and baffling questions:
• Are we in the midst of a major paradigm shift in science?
• Is the next stage of human development conscious evolution?
• Do we have the ability to influence the future evolution of the cosmos?
• How does our understanding of consciousness as pure potentiality enhance our capacity for intuition, creativity, conscious choice making, healing, and the awakening of dormant potentials such as non local communication and non local sensory experience?
• How does our understanding of consciousness also enhance our capacity for total well being (physical, emotional, spiritual, social, community, financial and ecological)?
Chopra will address these questions as well as practical ways to experience higher consciousness, transformation and healing.
[button link=”https://www.ihsymposium.com/conference-program/” color=”silver” window=”yes”]Click Here for More Information on the IHS Conference Program [/button]