The name Arctic Bioscience has been chosen to highlight the company ́s strategic shift from developing and selling dietary supplements to also developing pharmaceuticals, says CEO Ole Arne Eiksund.
Arctic to emphasize the geographical origin of the raw material, and Bioscience to convey both the natural state of the product which is natural, coupled with the power of science. The company is preparing a listing on Euronext Growth and will carry out a name change, use a new logo and launch new websites before the listing.
Customers and partners will be informed of the name change before the company goes public.
About Arctic Nutrition:
- Founded in 201 by Hogne Hallaråker, Harald Nordal and Jan Remmereit
- The nutraceuticle, Romega, was developed based on herring roe.
- Herring roe is very rich in omega 3 phospholipids, which are needed for normal brain, vision and heart function.
- Romega is sold as a bulk ingredient to dietary supplement manufacturers in several countries.
- In Norway, Roega is sold as a finished product in capsules.
- In 2019, Arctic Nutrition established a strategic partnership with Kotler Marketing Group China, which has now launched Romega as a dietary supplement for pregnant women in China to ensure normal development of the brain and vision in the fetus.
- In 2020, promising results from the first controlled clinical study with herring roe oil on mild to moderate psoriasis were published in Acta Dermato-Veneorlogica.
- Arctic Nutrition received the SIVA award in 2020 for innovation and maximizing resource utilization of residual raw material in herring fillet production.
- The company made the decision to go public in order to raise capital to carry out product development and clinical documentation of the pharmaceutical drug candidate derived from herring roe oil.
- Contact: CEO Ole Arne Eiksund, tel. 908 43 944